Monday, June 27, 2011

"Bridesmaids" Movie Review

Last week I went to see "Bridesmaids" with some girlfriends. After hearing all of the hype surrounding the movie, I was afraid I would be disappointed. I absolutley was not!
I have never in my life seen a movie with more great one-liners. It is well cast and well delivered, and people will be quoting it for years. I have heard critics use the word "raunchy" to describe "Bridesmaids", and I think that word is very fitting. This is not a movie you would want to go see with your mother! (Or, at least I would have been red-faced the entire time next to mom.) There is a scene where the women are trying on bridesmaids dresses that I could have lived without (I won't spoil anything, but you may want to cover your eyes for the scene if you have a weak stomache). However, I laughed throughout the entire rest of the movie.

If you love "stupid-humor" movies, such as "The Hangover", "Grandma's Boy", and "Superbad", I highly recommend you gather your closest girlfriends together, and make a girls' night of going to see this movie!

No comments: